People often think that speaking the local language or a good level of English is what facilitates international business. However, while language skills always come in handy, good intercultural communication skills are usually the key to global business success.
Intercultural communication competencies enable you to talk effectively with partners or colleagues from around the world. It is all about understanding that people with different cultural backgrounds perceive things differently. They have culture-specific ways to interact with each other, believe in different norms and values, follow different thought patterns, routines or judgments.
Talk To An Intercultural Coach
Talk to one of our experienced intercultural coaches and learn how to adapt your communication to these cultural differences in an authentic way. Develop intercultural communication skills so that you share information in a way that international business partners or work colleagues understand you clearly and unmistakably.
Select your target country, preferred language and the topic “communication” so that we can show you profiles of matching intercultural coaches. Choose your favourite intercultural coach and book your first session at a convenient time.
- Recognise cultural differences in verbal and non-verbal communication
- Develop a set of basic intercultural communication skills
- Learn how to navigate between many different cultures in an international business environment
- Prevent costly misunderstandings due to cultural differences in communication
- Communicate effectively with international partners
- Reduce conflicts in international collaborations
- Lead multicultural teams or projects more successfully
- Prepare for important international meetings, presentations and negotiations
- Apply for a new job abroad or in a global company
- Improve any of your global business or work relationships
Would you like to progress your career to an international level? Are you trying to succeed in a new job abroad? Learn all about intercultural communication and negotiation.
Do you wish to overcome multicultural team or leadership challenges in your organisation? Learn all about workplace diversity and inclusive leadership to thrive in a globalised world.
Intercultural Communication Knowledge
Related Blog Posts
Why we need both, in national and international business – when prospecting, negotiating, persuading, scheduling, agreeing & disagreeing, decision making, problem solving, giving feedback, leading & motivating, building trust & relationships, and many other areas of importance.
crossculture2go coach Renata Urban says, she can instantly feel her eyebrows move up and her forehead frown when she hears that word: “normal”. Here is why.